By Travis Ward
Wow, what a year it has been! It is hard to believe that the year is coming to an end and it is time to think about closing out the year. Below are somethings for you to consider before year end:
- Payroll Experts Holiday Schedule: We will be closed December 24th and 25th, open till noon on the 31st and closed on January 1st.
- Payroll Adjustments: Please report all payroll adjustments such as year-end bonuses, manual or voided checks, third party sick pay, allocated tips, or any other taxable fringe benefits by December 31st.
- Tax Notices: Watch for and submit all notices from the IRS and State agencies to your payroll specialist. We need to see these notices to keep you compliant.
- Notify all employees to review their W-4’s
- W-2’s: Payroll Experts will have your W-2’s and 1099’s either posted or printed by January 11, 2013. You can either pick them up or wait for delivery after this date.
- Distribution of W-2’s: You will need to distribute employee W-2’s by January 31, 2013.
If you have any questions about year end procedures please contact us.
We have many exciting changes coming in 2013. You will love our new mobile app allowing employees to view their pay history on smart phones, our new payroll web interface and much much more!
We are continually striving to simplify and enhance your payroll experience with us and always want to exceed your expectations. Please continue to give us your feedback. Thank you for trusting us with your payroll, we value our friendships with you and are grateful for your loyalty to Payroll Experts. Have a wonderful and safe holiday season!