Payroll Fact of the Day!
According to the Utah Labor Commission, “Utah law allows employees who have been hired or regularly employed in Utah to be covered by Utah [workers’ compensation] insurance while working outside of Utah for a period of six months. The employer may extend such coverage for a greater period of time by notifying the Industrial Accidents Division. Please note, the states not listed typically will not have their own extraterritorial provisions and will require you to purchase workers’ compensation insurance coverage in that state as soon as you begin doing any work there. Each state’s reciprocal arrangement varies by its own limitations and exclusions. You should become familiar with the other state’s provisions before taking your employees to that state.”

Call us at 1-888.221.3630

Contact Us

Get a Quote Now

PAYROLL EXPERTS can call you to discuss any questions you have.